“As Head of School I am responsible for overall Health ands Safety Management in the School. I am committed to ensuring that there is a safe and healthy working environment for everyone. To achieve this I require that all members of the school take their own safety and that of their colleagues and visitors seriously. It is important that you take time to carefully read the safety handbook and be aware of safe working practice and your responsibilities.”
This site contains essential information with which you should be familiar, e.g. the contents of the Safety Handbook. It also contains useful information and downloadable forms that should help you design your experiments.
- Required reading for all staff and students.
- Please make sure to return the electronic form.
- Forms, including the risk assessment form, required on a regular basis for working within the School.
This is presented twice per year and all staff and students must attend this at least once a year.
- Safety lecture video on the intranet.
- Safety lecture presentation (ppt format)
- Safety lecture presentation (pdf format)
- Risk assessment presentation (ppt format)
- Departmental First Aiders
- Fire Stewards
- Health and Safety Essentials – An online laboratory health and safety training resource aimed primarily at providing postgraduate students and university researchers with the basic knowledge needed to work safely in a chemical laboratory.
- Health and safety essentials is intended to complement the schools’s health and safety guidance which should be adhered to at all times.This resource has been developed form existing good practice guides produced by the Royal Society of Chemistry and materials supplied by UK university chemistry departments.