Information about Semester 2 teaching
Updated Guidance from the Scottish Government on 4th January means that university students are required to be taught online for January and February.
This means our plans shared before Christmas are updated as follows. All undergraduate teaching will be digital only for Weeks 1 – 6 of Semester 2, following the published course timetables. If physical locations are noted on the timetable in these weeks, these will instead take place online. See Learn for details.
- Years 1 – 3: All lectures, tutorials, and labs will run online until at least March 1st. Pending a return to hybrid teaching after 1st March, some in-person teaching including labs may resume. We will update students once renewed Scottish Government guidance and University decisions are shared.
- Year 4M: All lectures and tutorials will run online until at least March 1st. Students in Year 4 may swap out of Chem 4P into a Semester 2 lecture course. We will update students on format of Chem 4P to include contingency.
- Year 4 BSc: All lectures and tutorials will run online until at least March 1st. Students should discuss their final year project with their supervisor.
- Chem 5 Research Projects (Edinburgh): Students should discuss laboratory access arrangements with their supervisor.
- PGT students: In-person PGT teaching will likely be delayed until at least 1st March; updated information on in-person teaching will be circulated when known.
Please continue to check the following website for updates: