Congratulations to Helen O'Connor, from the Brechin group, who has just completed her Edinburgh Teaching Award (category 2) and is now a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy is awarded to professionals who are able to engage with a broad understanding of effective approaches to learning and teaching support as a key contribution to high quality student learning. Fellows demonstrate:
- successful engagement across all five Areas of Activity;
- appropriate knowledge and understanding across all aspects of Core Knowledge;
- a commitment to all the Professional Values;
- successful engagement in appropriate teaching practices related to the Areas of Activity;
- successful incorporation of subject and pedagogic research and/or scholarship within the above activities, as part of an integrated approach to academic practice;
- successful engagement in continuing professional development in relation to teaching, learning, assessment and where appropriate, related professional practices.