- 24 years old
- First Year PhD
At high school, I achieved a Higher in Human Biology and Advanced Highers in Chemistry and Biology. After that I went on to do an integrated Master’s degree in Medicinal and Biological Chemistry at the University of Edinburgh.
During my undergraduate, I spend a year researching nanoparticles in the USA. I worked primarily on DNA enzyme nanoparticles which have potential as new pharmaceuticals. Now, I am looking into other types of nanotechnology while doing my PhD at the University of Edinburgh. My research focuses on the Nobel Prize winning area of ‘Molecular Machines’, which I am studying at the single molecule level.
What can I talk to you about?
- Nanotechnology and molecular machines
- DNA, RNA, and amino acids
- Genes and inheritance
- Cells and organelles
- Medical chemistry and pharmacology
- Enzymes and catalysis
I Can Help You With the Following "Experiences and Outcomes":
- Planet Earth - Biodiversity and interdependence
- Planet Earth – Energy sources and sustainability
- Planet Earth – Processes of the Planet
- Biological Systems – Body systems and cells
- Biological Systems – Inheritance
- Materials – Chemical Changes
- Topical Science – Topical Science