Dr J. Olof Johansson
Our aim is to understand how light can be used to probe, and eventually control, electrons in magnetic molecular materials. We study ultrafast photophysics of a range of large transition metal complexes with exchange-coupled electrons, ranging from single-molecule magnets to magnetic coordination polymers. Our goal is to explore ultrafast spin dynamics in molecules with several magnetic centres and we work closely with theoreticians and synthetic chemists.
- Vibrational coherences in manganese single-molecule magnets after ultrafast photoexcitation F. Liedy, J. Eng, R. McNab, R. Inglis, T. J. Penfold, E. K. Brechin, J. O. Johansson: Nature Chemistry, accepted (2020).
- Photoinduced dynamics in an exchange-coupled trinuclear iron cluster F. Liedy, R. Shi, M. Coletta, J. Vallejo, E. K. Brechin, G. Lefkidis, W. Huebner, J. O. Johansson, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 501, 166476 (2020).
- Observation of excited state absorption in the V-Cr Prussian blue analogue, L. Hedley, M.D. Horbury, F. Liedy, J.O. Johansson, Chemical Physics Letters, 687, 125 (2017).
- Metal-to-metal charge-transfer transitions in Prussian blue hexacyanochromate analogues, D.M. Rogers and J.O. Johansson, Mater. Sci. Eng. B, 227, 28 (2017).
- Electrochromic Thin Films of the V-Cr Prussian Blue Analogue Molecular Magnet, L. Hedley, N. Robertson, and J. O. Johansson, Electrochim. Acta 236, 97 (2017).
- Directly probing spin dynamics in a molecular magnet with femtosecond time-resolution, J. O. Johansson, J.-W. Kim, E. Allwright, D. Rogers, N. Robertson, J.-Y. Bigot: Chemical Science, 7, 7061 (2016).
- Probing Excited Electronic States and Ionisation Mechanisms of Fullerenes, J.O. Johansson and E.E.B. Campbell, Chem. Soc. Rev. 42, 5661 (2013).
- Angular-Resolved Photoelectron Spectroscopy of Superatom Orbitals of Fullerenes, J.O. Johansson, G.G. Henderson, F. Remacle and E.E.B. Campbell, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 173401 (2012).