Professor Jason Love
The Love group carries out research into the design and synthesis of molecular metal complexes that can promote new and sustainable chemical reactivity and give insight into how metal compounds assemble and interact with substrates.
We are specifically interested in: the chemistry of the f-elements; Pacman complexes that provide insight into sustainable energy generation and exploitation; the activation and transformation of small molecules, in particular N2, O2, H2, and CO2; the design of new ligands and macrocycles; the assembly and reactivity of supramolecular systems; the design of reagents for base, precious, and f-element extraction and remediation.
|Uranium Chemistry||Redox Catalysis||Extractive Metallurgy|
- M. Cokoja, I. I. E. Markovits, M. H. Anthofer, S. Poplata, A. Pothig, D. S. Morris, P. A. Tasker, W. A. Herrmann, F. E. Kuhn, J. B. Love, "Catalytic epoxidation by perrhenate through the formation of organic-phase supramolecular ion pairs," Chem. Commun., 2015, 51, 3399-3402.
- A. M. Wilson, P. J. Bailey, P. A. Tasker, J. R. Turkington, R. A. Grant, J. B. Love, "Solvent extraction: the coordination chemistry behind extractive metallurgy," Chem. Soc. Rev. 2014, 43, 123-134
- P. L. Arnold, C. J. Stevens, J. H. Farnaby, M. G. Gardiner, G. S. Nichol, J. B. Love, "New chemistry from an old reagent: mono- and dinuclear macrocyclic uranium(III) complexes from [U(BH4)3(THF)2]," J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2014, 136, 102018-21
- P. L. Arnold, G. M. Jones, S. O. Odoh, G. Schreckenbach, N. Magnani, J. B. Love, "Strongly-coupled, binuclear uranium oxo complexes from uranyl oxo rearrangement and oxo silylation," Nat. Chem., 2012, 4, 221-227
- J. W. Leeland, F. J. White, J. B. Love, "Encapsulation of a magnesium hydroxide cubane by a bowl-shaped polypyrrolic Schiff base macrocycle," J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133, 7320-7323
- P. L. Arnold, A-F. Pecharman, E. Hollis, A. Yahia, L. Maron, S. Parsons, J. B. Love, "Uranyl oxo activation and functionalization by metal cation coordination," Nat. Chem., 2010, 2, 1056-1061
- P. L. Arnold, D. Patel, C. Wilson, J. B. Love, "Reduction and selective oxo-group silylation of the uranyl dication," Nature, 2008, 451, 315-317