Professor Ken Lewtas
University of Edinburgh
Joseph Black Building
David Brewster Road
Research work started in pharmaceutical science working on psychotropic drugs before moving industries into the field of Energy and materials with Esso, Exxon, ExxonMobil and Infineum.
Expertise has been built in phase change reserach and technology, especially crystallization, oils and fuels, auto research and engineering, polymers and polymer processing, ???green??? chemistry and energetic materials.
- Lewtas, Abraham & Thomas. NMR investigation into complex formation between psychotropic drugs and aromatic solutes. J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. 2, pp1964-71, 1977.
- Lewtas, Beiny & Mullin. Crystallization behaviour of nC32 from hydrocarbon solution with polymeric additives. J. Cryst. Growth, 102, 4, pp801-6, 1990.
- Lewtas, Bennema, Liu & Tack. Morphology of orthorhombic long chain normal alkanes: Theory and Experiment. J Cryst Growth, 121, 4, pp679-96, 1992.
- Lewtas, Roberts, Docherty, Clydesdale. Modelling the morphology of molecular crystals in the presence of tailor-made additives. J. Cryst. Growth, 141, 3-4, pp443-50, 1994
- Lewtas, Lehmann. Evolution of diesel cold flow - the next frontier. SAE, 890031, 1989