Our taught Masters programmes are taught by world-class experts and supported by an extensive tutorial system. We are a large and diverse chemistry community with over 50 academic staff with international reputations in their research fields.
The capital city of Scotland, Edinburgh is regularly voted as the best city to live in the UK and also one of the top cities in the world to live, study and work.
Excellence in Teaching
- With over 300 years of experience in research and teaching, we continue to develop new knowledge at the frontiers of the chemical sciences
- Courses on our programmes are taught by world class experts and are supported by an extensive tutorial system
- You will be able to study in a research lab on an extended project under the supervision of one of our top-class researchers.
- You'll also learn valuable skills such as teamwork and problem-solving, which will prove useful no matter what career you embark upon after graduation.
- We teach you all the chemistry skills you'll need to work in a modern research or industrial environment.
Our Students Say:
"For me, it’s the School here, I’ve always felt very welcome. It’s very open and I feel like I can absolutely go and speak to anyone if I am confused or I’m stuck. Learning Chemistry here is about the atmosphere and the opportunity to learn from some of the world’s best researchers."
A Supportive School
- All students are assigned a Personal Tutor to mentor and support them during their entire journey with us
- The School of Chemistry currently holds an Athena SWAN Silver award. These accolades acknowledge our advancement of careers for women in Science, Engineering and Technology in higher education and research
- We are a large and diverse chemistry community with staff and students from all over the world
- Students will join our proactive peer networks, Chemistry Academic Families and Chemunity
Our Students Say:
"I would definitely say how much the School listens to feedback from students. The courses are continually changing year on year, that’s from student feedback, from class reps, so you feel like you are really being listened to."
We have a large number of students from all corners of the globe. Our Personal Tutor system provides all our students with the support they need and is particularly helpful for our international students to help them adjust to life in a new country. With such a large student community you'll never feel alone at Edinburgh, especially if you live in the student halls.
We have students from as far afield as Canada, South Africa, China and the Caribbean. Studying at Edinburgh really is a great way to meet people from all over the world and if you are an international student you certainly won't be the only one on your course.
All our staff are friendly and happy to help during your time in Edinburgh. Edinburgh Global offers help and advice to all our international students.