The School of Chemistry benefits from its substantial critical mass in possessing a very wide range of world class facilities for research as well as analytical and technical services. Click on the links to the left to see our various facilities in detail.
- Additional instrumentation in support of the Chemical Sciences is available at the centres and other Academic Units with whom we collaborate.
- Much of our instrumentation is also searchable via the facilities database on the ScotCHEM website
Administrative and Research Support
- On-site, full-time glassblower and workshop, mechanical and electronic workshop.
- Administration and financial affairs office.
- Computing research support office.
- International visitors support office.
- Two separate video conferencing suites with data capture facilities.
- Lecture theatres with streaming facilities.
- Chemistry stores open 0845 to 1730 daily selling equipment and glassware as well as stationery, with a vending machine for out-of-hours purchase of commonly required chemicals and consumables.
- Online facility managing chemical stocks in all labs from order to disposal.