The School of Chemistry benefits from its substantial critical mass in possessing a very wide range of world class facilities for research as well as analytical and technical services. Click on the links to the left to see our various facilities in detail.
Additional instrumentation in support of the Chemical Sciences is available at the centres and other Academic Units with whom we collaborate.
Administrative and Research Support
- On-site, full-time glassblower and workshop, mechanical and electronic workshop.
- Administration and financial affairs office.
- Computing research support office.
- International visitors support office.
- Two separate video conferencing suites with data capture facilities.
- Lecture theatres with streaming facilities.
- Chemistry stores open 0845 to 1730 daily selling equipment and glassware as well as stationery, with a vending machine for out-of-hours purchase of commonly required chemicals and consumables.
- Online facility managing chemical stocks in all labs from order to disposal.